Grammar Goals is a new six-level grammar series for children aged 6-12 years. It presents and practises grammar in lively and meaningful age-appropriate contexts that reflect pupils' real lives and interests. Linked to the Cambridge and Trinity external exam syllabuses, Grammar Goals offers regular exam-style practice tasks in the Pupil's Books.
The visually appealing nature of the course ensures that grammar is presented in a child-friendly format that keeps pupils actively involved in learning the language form, function and meaning. The careful staging of the units provides three levels of challenge and success - bronze, silver and gold - helping students reflect on their progress and aim for higher goals.
- Core vocabulary always presented in the first lesson, via a picture dictionary effect or via an artwork presentation of each key piece of vocabulary
- Every unit has a context for that unit to ensure that any grammar presentation is meaningful and that the language taught and used is purposeful
- Illustrated chants, dialogues or mini-stories combine to help with the presentation and practice of the core grammar point
- Audio appears in every unit including audio soundtracks for the chants and recorded dialogues- offering students a spoken model of the correct use of the grammar structure
- Careful staging of activities (Bronze, Silver, Gold) allows for student progression, ensures understanding and allows for students to acknowledge their achievements
- Interactive grammar boxes mean that students can work with the grammar and the grammar rules presented rather than just using it as reference
- Grammar Workout CD-ROM show pupils progression with printable scorecards