Headway Academic Skills
Виберіть підручник, рівень або підкатегорію
A four-level, paired skills course that teaches students in higher education the essential skills for academic success. Now with Oxford Online Skills Program to improve reading, writing, listening and speaking. Strands available: Reading, Writing, and Study Skills Listening, Speaking, and Study Skills
Headway Academic Skills can be used independently, or alongside a general English coursebook such as New Headway or New Headway Plus.
Designed for students moving on to academic studies or for those on a foundation programme, the series focuses on improving students' academic skills by:
- Clear aims from the outset
- Developing the specific skills required for academic studies through a wide range of topics relevant to higher education.
- Exploring strategies to help students with new vocabulary, and to record, vary, and build their vocabulary.
- Offering guidance in undertaking research, and in acknowledging sources.
Teacher's Guides are available at each level, with lesson notes, background information, answer keys to the Student Book activities, and photocopiable extension activities. The accompanying CD-ROM provides a range of tests. Class audio CDs are provided for the Listening, Speaking, and Study Skills titles. The new Oxford Online Skills Program offers students targeted and motivating practice to improve the relevant language skills in each strand (Reading and Writing, Listening and Speaking). Teachers can also use our online Learning Management System to easily manage and measure student progress.
- Providing plenty of guided practice as well as freer practice to encourage learner independence in both pdf and word format for adapting to individual class needs.
- Relevant and interesting topics
- Full colour throughout for motivation
- Colour coding for easy use
- Study skills boxes outlining targets
- Tests in pdf and word format for easy adaptation
- Oxford Online Skills Program offers targeted and motivating practice